Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to
What You’ll Do
Empower Rain Makers to advance Talking Rain’s connections through constant technology modernization, education, and security.
We’re not the type to say, ‘that’s the way it’s always been done,’ so come keep us at the forefront of emerging technologies. You’ll lead the charge, defining strategy and partnering with your internal customers on solutions that change the way we work.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Big Data & Data Engineering – conduct and support white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in developing strong relationships with partners throughout Talking Rain
- Understanding of and experience with driving and applying human-centered design processes, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent leadership skills, problem-resolution abilities, and good judgment
- Deliver solutions leveraging both proven and emerging technologies, such as Spark, sqoop, Kafka, and Databricks
- Communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Data pipeline development, maintenance, and incremental scaling
- Data modeling (relational and dimensional modeling)
- Data analysis in the support of Data Product development and ad-hoc EDA
- Data workflow orchestration & automation
- Productionalization and containerization of Data Products
- Solution architecture and design of new Data Products
- Environment tuning & performance optimization
- Continual learning in the field of open source Big Data management
- Mentors & manages direct reports
- Ensure food safety, quality, and Safe Quality Foods practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Technology
Direct Reports: Data Engineer
What You Bring
- Master’s degree in IT Management, Business, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred; related bachelor’s degree accepted.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience building and leading internal IT teams, ideally in consumer packaged goods (CPG).
- Curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Proven experience leading and delivering technical engineer projects in an Agile environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data & Data Engineering, with deep, hands-on technical experience in tools, libraries, and frameworks and libraries such as Numba, Numpy, and Pandas in Python, Koalas, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, Delta Lake, Snowflake, HBASE, Hadoop, Databricks, Kafka, sqoop, and/or Flume.
- Advanced knowledge of relational, dimensional, and tabular data modeling principles and practices.
- Familiarity with the Machine Learning lifecycle, and knowledgeable of popular frameworks and their specific applications such as MLLib, MLFlow, Scikit Learn, fast.ai, PyTorch, XGBoost, and Tensorflow.
- Working knowledge of SQL for the use of data extraction, cleansing, and analysis.
- Highly refined communication skills, with the ability to speak both to technical engineers and executive stakeholders.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust with your ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly when handling sensitive information and situations.
- You’re driven. While you’re proud of where you’ve been, you’re more concerned with where you’re going.
- You’re curious, which means sometimes you push back, productively challenging the status quo.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.