Who We Are
Are you a curious, collaborative, self-led, resourceful, drive-not-ride type? Join us. When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
We’re Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands that deliver sustainable growth and create a connected community that people embrace, trust and enjoy!
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
You’ll be the face of Talking Rain with co-packers, partnering on the implementation of quality standards and processes. Once implemented, you’ll help ensure execution by identifying issues, digging in to find the root cause and leveraging our partnerships to find sustainable solutions.
- Oversee direct quality and commercialization for copackers, third party warehouses and repackaging locations, providing leadership and technical support.
- Conduct quality audits of co-pack manufacturers and third-party warehouse facilities to ensure compliance with our quality and food safety standards
- Manage the commercialization scale-up process for new introductions (e.g. products, co-packers, flavors, formulations, equipment), tracking, reporting and developing process improvements against our KPIs.
- Actively identify and seize opportunities for quality, cost and efficiency improvements, communicating to our Leadership.
- Develop and enhance foundational quality programs and trainings, deployable to internal and external customers.
- Manage the corporate Nonconformance, Product Hold and CAPA programs.
- Assist SQF Practitioners in ensuring that the SQF system is in place and operating sustainably.
- Communicate SQF practices to all team members.
- Ensure that the plant operates according to government and SQF guidelines. Ultimately responsible for food safety and quality.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Quality & Commercialization Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- Your high EQ, or emotional intelligence, enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- Your commitment to excellence is second to none. You’re never satisfied with ‘good enough,’ and if you see something that can be improved, you speak up.
- Patience is a virtue, and you maintain positivity, effectiveness and flexibility under pressure.
- You excel at collaborating and can work independently or as part of a team with individuals and groups of every background.
- You take initiative, which means you have to be able to prioritize in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- You never quit. As a persevering solution seeker, you’re adept at troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences (e.g. Chemistry, Physics) preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in food manufacturing, designing and developing manufacturing and quality systems.
- Understanding of GFSI Food Safety standards via auditing platforms (e.g. SQF and BRC).
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, accommodating a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.