Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Our Technology team empowers Rain Makers to advance Talking Rain’s connections through constant modernization, education, and security. We’re not the type to say, ‘that’s the way it’s always been done,’ so come keep us at the forefront of emerging technologies.
You’ll lead the charge, defining strategy and partnering with your internal customers on solutions that change the way we work. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions to keep us at the front of open source Big Data management.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Big Data & Data Engineering, conducting and supporting white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed.
- Forge strong relationships with partners across Talking Rain, communicating effectively and collaboratively with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Deliver solutions leveraging both proven and emerging technologies (e.g., Spark, sqoop, Kafka, and Databricks).
- Develop and optimize data pipelines, managing day to day maintenance and incremental scaling.
- Partner with our internal customers on data modeling needs (relational and dimensional).
- Complete data analysis in the support of Data Product development and ad-hoc EDA.
- Manage data workflow orchestration and automation.
- Productionalize and containerize Data Products.
- Drive solution architecture and design of new Data Products.
- Optimize performance of environments and solutions.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and Safe Quality Foods practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Data Platforms Manager
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Business, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience delivering technical engineer projects in an Agile environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data and Data Engineering, with hands-on technical experience in tools, libraries, and frameworks (e.g., Numba, Numpy, Koalas, and Pandas in Python, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, Delta Lake, Databricks, Kafka).
- Advanced knowledge of relational, dimensional, and tabular data modeling principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of SQL for the use of data extraction, cleansing, and analysis.
- Highly refined communication skills, with the ability to speak both to technical engineers and executive stakeholders.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust with your ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly when handling sensitive information and situations.
- You’re driven. While you’re proud of where you’ve been, you’re more concerned with where you’re going.
- You’re curious, which means sometimes you push back, productively challenging the status quo.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.