Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
Beyond setting the strategy, you’ll be an integral part of growing our culture of quality, acting as an advocate and building awareness across our business. You’ll ensure we continue to delight consumers, with a focus on continuous improvement not just at Talking Rain, but with our partners as well.
- Develop our strategy for quality and food safety, incorporating quality in all phases of product and packaging development from concept through commercialization.
- Forge partnerships within the team and across departments to thoroughly understand our business and processes, identifying the most efficient, effective strategic direction for Total Quality Management.
- Anticipate, identify and communicate potential business risks, offering strategic and tactical options to meet goals.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for our Quality department, partnering with senior managers to ensure Rain Makers have a clear understanding of how they personally impact department and company goals.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with our suppliers and co-packers to ensure product development and quality systems efficiently meet our standards.
- Learn, always. Seek out subject matter experts across industry and academia to better understand the big picture, including dependencies, techniques, partnership opportunities, and technologies.
- Serve as a change agent, communicating business cases to ownership and leadership for buy-in on Quality initiatives.
- Foster a collaborative culture of trust, accountability and performance, elevating Rain Makers to reach their potential.
- Assist SQF Practitioners in ensuring that the SQF system is in place and operating sustainably.
- Communicate SQF practices to all team members.
- Ensure that the plant operates according to government and SQF guidelines. Ultimately responsible for food safety and quality.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Beverage Technology and Innovation (BTI)
Direct Reports: Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance
What You Bring
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Science discipline preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of five (5) years leading teams in charge of quality, food safety, and/or product development, ideally from a federally regulated industry (e.g., food, beverage, medical).
- Ability to travel up to 30%, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information as you field inquiries.
- You’ve got drive and can handily manage new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Your curious mindset enables you to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You’re approachable, actively listening and adapting your style to the audience.
- You’re flexible, a solution seeker. You embrace the grey, troubleshooting on the fly.
Please note, this role is safety sensitive. This means that as part of your core responsibilities you will be regularly responsible for your own safety and/or the safety of others (e.g., driving on behalf of the company, working in a warehouse/plant environment). To help ensure a positive work environment, this role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, and phencyclidine).