Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
For the next 9+ months, you’ll build partnerships across our business, developing our food safety and quality improvement initiatives. You’ll be joining a best in class team, helping to ensure our bar stays high.
- Create and maintain all company food safety policies, processes and programs (e.g. SQF, GFSI, FSMA, HACCP, GMPs, allergens, product specifications, food fraud).
- Partner with Corporate QA to update our Recall Management Plan, testing through audited mock recall traceability programs for corporate and all co-pack locations.
- Support resolution of complaints, providing alerts and guidance to our Leadership regarding food safety issues.
- Maintain finished product and ingredient micro/analytical testing programs, providing timely feedback to the Quality team and initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Serve as our regulatory agency liaison (e.g. FDA, FSMA, state and local agencies), communicating important changes.
- Provide technical input to clarify food safety project requirements and prepare project plans for approval and prioritization.
- Provide internal trainings related to food safety, communicating processes, updates, and best practices.
- Partner with Purchasing and R&D to on-board new vendors, networking with current and outside vendors.
- For Quality Assurance Supervisor, SQF Practitioner: Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Reports to: Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, etc.) preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of two years (2) of food safety experience, ideally with exposure to the regulatory side.
- Ability to travel up to 15%, accommodating a flexible schedule and occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust with your ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly when handling sensitive information and situations.
- You drive, not ride. You’re stellar at prioritization, time-management, and troubleshooting.
- Your curious mindset enables you to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.
Please note, this role is safety sensitive, meaning that you would be regularly responsible for your own safety and/or the safety of others. To help ensure a positive work environment, this role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, and phencyclidine).