Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
For 6 months, you’ll leverage your technical knowledge of formulation, flavors, and ingredients to develop amazing beverages that consumers love. This is an opportunity to drive projects from idea to commercialization.
- Develop formulas and provide general direction in product formulation, leveraging your knowledge of flavor chemistry.
- Research ingredients, beverage, and flavor technology in support of our team.
- Actively identify opportunities to solve product quality issues, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Partner with our supplier network to deliver meaningful impact to the company (e.g., cost reduction, innovations, etc.).
- Analyze project results, presenting results and potential next steps to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: R&D Supervisor
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Strong working knowledge of food science principles, food manufacturing processes and ingredient functionality.
- Minimum of 3 years of product development experience, ideally in the beverage industry.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information as you field inquiries.
- You drive, not ride. You’re stellar at prioritization, time-management, and troubleshooting.
- Your curious mindset enables you to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.
Please note, this role is safety sensitive. This means that as part of your core responsibilities you will be regularly responsible for your own safety and/or the safety of others (e.g., driving on behalf of the company, working in a warehouse/plant environment). To help ensure a positive work environment, this role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, and phencyclidine).