Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
Here, you’ll drive, leveraging your technical knowledge of formulation, flavors and ingredients, to develop amazing beverages that consumers love and seek. You will be leading projects from idea to commercialization, with the sense of ownership.
- Lead Beverage formulation projects from benchtop to commercialization. Use knowledge of flavors and flavor chemistry to develop formulas and provide direction in product formulation.
- Research into ingredients, beverage and flavor technology, their impact on functionality, overall stability and shelf life.
- Actively identify opportunities to solve product quality problems, to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Partner with our supplier network to deliver meaningful impact to the company (e.g., cost reduction, innovation, etc.).
- Analyze and present project results, and potential next steps to internal stakeholders.
- Identify, break down and solve a variety of difficult technical problems.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations as it applies to CPG industry is desirable but not a must.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are always followed, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: R&D Supervisor
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Strong working knowledge of food science principles, food manufacturing processes and ingredient functionality.
- Minimum of 5 years of product development experience, ideally in the beverage industry.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information as you field inquiries.
- You drive, not ride. You’re stellar at prioritization, time-management, and troubleshooting.
- Your curious mindset enables you to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.
To help ensure a safe, positive work environment, this role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, phencyclidine).