Who We Are
Are you a curious, collaborative, self-led, resourceful, drive-not-ride type? Join us. When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
We’re Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands that deliver sustainable growth and create a connected community that people embrace, trust and enjoy!
What You’ll Do
Full of flavor. That’s the best way to describe our Marketing and Public Relations team. Each day they’re searching for surprising and refreshing ways to delight our consumers (and themselves).
You’ll craft packing that balances art and type in close collaboration with our internal team. It’s the opportunity to see your designs on shelves across the globe.
- Develop production-ready packaging and component artwork with a thorough and critical eye.
- Leverage brand guidelines and production templates/die lines to create packaging such as beverage labels, cans, carrier trays etc.
- Create prototypes, developing designs and specifications for pre-press and/or production.
- Partner with various internal stakeholders to understand brief requirements, as well as implement art corrections quickly and efficiently.
- Possess a full understanding of preparing digital files for various types of production printing (lithography, flexography and digital printing), and a familiarity with many forms of retail point-of-sale elements, temporary and permanent display types, and collateral marketing materials.
- Maintain asset database on server, use established naming convention for assets, and observe file-management process and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal reviewer groups to ensure federal packaging and trademark guidelines are met in both design and copy.
- Proof and approve press checks for production printing.
- Create and produce product mock-ups and/or prototypes for sales and marketing presentations.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Senior Graphic Designer, Packaging
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- You earn people’s trust, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information as you field inquiries.
- You keep your eyes on the prize, driving with purpose and balancing multiple priorities with grace under pressure.
- Your commitment to excellence is second to none, with an exceptionally high attention to detail.
- You excel at collaborating and can work independently or as part of a team with individuals and groups of every background.
- You’ve got initiative in spades and can easily manage through ambiguous situations, collecting all the facts and forging ahead.
- You’re flexible. You pivot on a dime when the situation changes.
- You exude positivity, approaching each situation with optimism and energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred; Associate’s Degree accepted.
- Minimum of two (2) years of packaging design experience, ideally in consumer packaged goods (CPG).
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments up to 10% of the time.