Who We Are
Are you a curious, collaborative, self-led, resourceful, drive-not-ride type? Join us. When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
We’re Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands that deliver sustainable growth and create a connected community that people embrace, trust and enjoy!
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
Here, you’ll drive, leveraging your technical knowledge of ingredients to advance the building blocks and foundation of our formulas. Our whole team will rely on you to understand ingredient interactions as we create new flavors and enhance the value of existing products.
- Lead analytical method development to strategically advance technical insights, develop intellectual property, and support product development.
- Evaluate ingredients, tests and methods, looking for new product development ideas and building concepts.
- Research ingredient trends, developing a novel ingredient pipeline to promote innovation and speed to market.
- Create ingredient specifications, establishing and validating analytical testing protocols and determining critical to quality attributes.
- Build strong relationships with our vendors in collaboration with Procurement, leveraging their technical expertise and developing creative solutions that further our objectives (e.g. value creation, innovations)
- Research ingredient interactions, formulation troubleshooting investigations, and design of experiments to optimize formulas for cost, sensory, stability, and regulatory claims.
- Partner with vendors to maintain equipment, supporting maintenance, calibration and repair of laboratory instrumentation while also researching enhancements.
- Inventory, order and maintain adequate levels of chemicals and supplies for R&D lab. Support lab ingredient and material inventory.
- Maintain a detailed and accurate record system of test results and method development, leveraging data visualization techniques to illustrate the results in concise, non-technical language.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Senior Applied Research Technologist
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- You never quit. As a persevering solution seeker, you’re adept at troubleshooting.
- You always take the initiative, identifying new and creative approaches and methodologies.
- Your results driven mindset enables you to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You frequently leverage your EQ, or emotional intelligence, actively listening and adapting your style to the audience.
- You earn people’s trust, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Your commitment to excellence is second to none, with an exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Ability to run UPLC/HPLC machines and analyze component break downs preferred, preferably with Waters model.
- Minimum of three (3) years of hands on laboratory experience, with a strong aptitude for equipment testing and experimentation.