Who We Are
Are you a curious, collaborative, self-led, resourceful, drive-not-ride type? Join us. When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
We’re Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands that deliver sustainable growth and create a connected community that people embrace, trust and enjoy!
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
Through the end of March you’ll be supporting our Research and Development team through analysis of products and raw materials.
- Run standard lab equipment, including HPLC/UPLC (ultra or high pressure liquid chromatography) machine, TA meter and pH meter.
- Assists in creating lab prototypes from product development concepts.
- Troubleshoot and perform routine equipment maintenance, cleaning, calibration and repair of laboratory instrumentation.
- Maintain adequate levels of chemicals and supplies for QC labs, inventorying and ordering as needed.
- Record test results and method development, sharing findings in concise, non-technical language and visualizations.
- Proactively update documentation such as SOPs, lab safety plans and equipment trainings, communicating updates to the team.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Beverage Technology
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- You’re great at analyzing and synthesizing data to enable results driven decision making towards our strategic and operational goals.
- You excel at collaborating and can work independently or as part of a team with individuals and groups of every background.
- You’ve got initiative, and can handily manage new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- You’re flexible, which means you can pivot on a dime when the situation changes.
- You keep your eyes on the prize, driving with purpose and balancing multiple priorities with grace under pressure.
- You never quit. As a persevering solution seeker, you’re adept at troubleshooting.
- Ability to run UPLC/HPLC machines and analyze component break downs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally.