Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
You’ll guide process methodologies to fit our product design, getting our products on shelves across the globe. When you see something we can do better, you’ll be empowered to make it happen.
- Leverage your technical expertise and knowledge of engineering best practices to holistically assess product design and production processes, providing recommendations to reduce risk and improve existing processes.
- Conduct risk analysis of products and processing methodologies under development.
- Translate technical needs into product and packaging specifications, leading post production reassessment.
- Partner with Supply Chain, Operations, and Brand Marketing, as well as external partners, to resolve roadblocks in new product development and enable new product commercialization and launches.
- Benchmark and test competitive product and packaging to gain relevant information that can be applied to product development.
- Conduct lab experiments and production trials to ensure accuracy of process and quality of product.
- Proactively research, test, and implement new solutions, tools and technologies, patenting as applicable.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Reports to: R&D Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in food, chemical, biomedical engineering, or related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience with a solid understanding of the product lifecycle in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry.
- Experience in commercialization of CPG products; beverage industry preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Visio.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information as you field inquiries.
- You’ve got drive in spades and can easily manage through ambiguous situations, collecting all the facts and forging ahead without the benefit of written procedures.
- Your curious mindset enables you to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.