Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Where ideas become reality! Our Plant Operations team works diligently to ensure our refreshing, flavorful products make it safely and soundly into their bottles so that you can open one wherever you may be.
You’ll get hands-on with the creation of our products by testing conformance to product specifications so that our products live up to consumer’s standards. If you’re a highly motivated, team orientated person looking to work with a great team, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Monitor attributes of finished product and evaluate its sensory characteristics to determine whether it meets our standards.
- Record required data accurately and promptly using Zontec SPC software to record and analyze data.
- Conduct daily sampling and inspection of water treatment and wastewater to determine if they meet set specifications.
- Collect and test samples of raw materials and finished product.
- Collect and perform micro testing on water treatment samples, finished product, rinse samples, and packaging samples.
- Maintain the cleanliness of test equipment, utensils, and laboratory in accordance with standard food laboratory techniques, methods, and requirements.
- Perform and document pre-operational inspection at startup and product change-over.
- Perform CIP/ COP procedures on the batching, blending, and filling equipment.
- Cross-train as a QA Batcher to assist in batching and cover for leave relief.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Quality Assurance Lead
Direct Reports: None
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to accommodate overtime, occasionally working other shifts and weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 75 lbs. occasionally, as well as to push and pull up to 100 lbs. regularly.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust with your ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly when handling sensitive information and situations.
- You’ve got drive in spades and can easily manage through ambiguous situations, collecting all the facts and forging ahead without the benefit of written procedures.
- You exude curiosity, approaching each situation with a desire to learn.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.
Please note, this role is safety sensitive. This means that as part of your core responsibilities you will be regularly responsible for your own safety and/or the safety of others (e.g., driving on behalf of the company, working in a warehouse/plant environment). To help ensure a positive work environment, this role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, and phencyclidine).