Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Drive, not ride. With a mindset of service, our Sales team goes out and execute in the market. Flawlessly. Now that’s how you build relationships. You’ll play an integral role by promoting, selling and execution of Talking Rain brands by partnering with many players in the beverage world. Mainly, you’ll get exposure working with one of the largest non-alcoholic beverage distributors in the country, Canada Dry.
- Build strong relationships with store personnel, collaborating on potential opportunities such as building displays and maintaining our POS as necessary.
- Maintain in-store presence, including but not limited to:
- Fill walk-in, stand-alone coolers and dry shelves with product, ensuring proper product rotation
- Ensure all back-stock areas are clean and organized, taking the proper steps with unsatisfactory areas
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine, plan, and execute distribution strategies to service retail commitments.
- Implement distributor sales incentives by establishing routine route rides and having the flexibility to adjust plans in order to keep distributor/wholesaler sales orders on track along with maintain proper inventor levels.
- Partner with all levels of each distributor through monthly meetings to help grow Talking Rain products via incentive strategies, standards of practice, etc.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing/potential volumes of targeted distribution channels and creating avenues to increase volume.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on: pricing, products, merchandising equipment, techniques, etc. making recommendations for Talking Rain where necessary.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Direct Reports: Merchandiser
What You Bring
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You treat everyone as your number one customer.
- Your commitment to excellence is second to none, with an exceptionally high attention to detail.
- You’ve got initiative in spades and can easily manage through ambiguous situations, collecting all the facts and forging ahead without the benefit of written procedures.
- Patience is a virtue, and you maintain composure, effectiveness and flexibility under pressure.
- Your results driven mindset enables you to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You exude positivity, approaching each situation with optimism and energy.
- Your high EQ, or emotional intelligence, enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.