Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Drive, not ride. With a mindset of service, our Sales team goes out and execute in the market. Flawlessly. Now that’s how you build relationships.
In this role, you’ll lead sales growth in the Westchester, NY area by rolling up your sleeves and building relationships with key retailers and distributors. This is your chance make a big impact in a short time with our results-driven Sales team.
- Partner with retailers (e.g., Stop & Shop, Shoprite) to focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volumes, looking for opportunities beyond the shelf to increase our footprint.
- Foster customer rapport—merchandising dry shelves/coolers and ensuring all back-stock areas are clean and organized.
- Develop strong relationships with partners at our regional distributor, Big Geyser, establishing routine route rides, monitoring inventory levels and collaborating on potential opportunities to grow (e.g., incentive strategies).
- Build in store displays and maintain POS as needed.
- Recommend changes in pricing, products, services, distribution, merchandising equipment, and techniques by evaluating results and competitive trend developments.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Market Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of one year of sales experience, preferably in beverage.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 75 lbs. occasionally, as well as to push and pull up to 100 lbs. regularly.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information as you field inquiries.
- You’re driven. While you’re proud of where you’ve been, you’re more concerned with where you’re going.
- You exude curiosity, approaching each situation with a desire to learn.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, a solution seeker. You embrace the grey, troubleshooting on the fly.
Please note, this role is safety sensitive. This means that as part of your core responsibilities you will be regularly responsible for your own safety and/or the safety of others (e.g., driving on behalf of the company, working in a warehouse/plant environment).
To help ensure a positive work environment, this role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, and phencyclidine).