Who We Are
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip!
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
What You’ll Do
Our Beverage Technology and Innovation team is proud of where we’ve been, but more interested in where we’re going. This team drives creativity, pushing us to find the next big thing.
You’ll build partnerships across our business, managing the performance of our co-pack, quality assurance and technical services programs. You’ll be joining a best in class team, helping to ensure the consistent application of quality programs and initiatives across our manufacturing network.
- Manage product quality from concept to launch, implementing programs to understand consumer product quality expectations, creating metrics to measure adherence, and solving for any variations.
- Support cross-functional teams as we optimize partner manufacturing (e.g., raw materials, packaging, equipment, and test parameters) to meet consumer and brand needs.
- Define and track success metrics for product qualifications, new facility start-ups, and reassessments.
- Translate data into an actionable risk bask matrix, assigning resources for projects.
- Build relationships with suppliers, driving improvements across commercialization, cost, and process through close collaboration.
- Evaluate current product specifications to identify potential gaps and decencies, developing new specifications as needed.
- Prepare product and process quality reports, communicating out your findings.
- Foster a collaborative culture of trust, accountability and performance, supporting Rain Makers to reach their potential.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
Direct Reports: Co-Pack Quality Managers
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a food manufacturing environment, with three (3) years of team leadership.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust with your ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly when handling sensitive information and situations.
- You’ve got drive in spades and can easily manage through ambiguous situations, collecting all the facts and forging ahead without the benefit of written procedures.
- You’re curious, which means sometimes you push back, productively challenging the status quo.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.
Please note, this role is safety sensitive, meaning that you would be regularly responsible for your own safety and/or the safety of others. To help ensure a positive work environment, this role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, and phencyclidine).